Thank you for your interest in getting involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters! We commend you for your dedication to your community and to our future.
Go to the “Become a BIG” section for more information on becoming a Big Brother or Big Sister, and fill out a Volunteer application form or for Internship Opportunities fill out Internship application form and send it here!
INTERNS AND VOLUNTEERS
Office Interns / Volunteers
- We offer internship opportunities for all majors and backgrounds! Click “Internships” for more information. All interns must commit to a minimum of 10 hours/week.
- The Little Study Hall After-School Program at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Mid-Florida was created to increase access to one-on-one education and promote student success. Tutors must fulfill a minimum one semester commitment and attend at least two out of the three available weekday sessions. Applicants will also be asked to attend a mandatory training. For more information click “Tutors”.
Serve on a special event committee
- Plan, organize and implement the next BBBS event with a group of other volunteers. The special event committee is led by a chair person and supported by a BBBS staff member. Meet new people, network in the Gainesville community, increase your skills and knowledge, add experience to your resume, and contribute to increasing the number of lives changed by BBBS. Contact our CEO for more information.
Promote and attend special events
- BBBS has fun family events every month for our matches and the families on our waiting list. Check out our events page here! Help is always needed in promoting the events and recruiting corporate sponsors participants. Contact our CEO for more information.
Organize an independent fundraiser to benefit BBBS
- Your neighborhood, church group, school club, fraternity, sorority, social group, workplace, or professional organization can plan and host a fundraising event to benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters. This lowers the cost of our fundraising efforts and all of the money donated applies directly to the program expenses for our matches! Contact our CEO for more information.